What we do
CrossFit King of Prussia is NOT your average health club or globo-gym. We do not pride ourselves on taking your money and hoping you never show up. As an officially licensed CrossFit affiliate, we want you here. We take pride in seeing you get results. Sorry, there are no fancy big machines, no shiny pink 2 lb dumbbells, classes are NOT choreographed to music and there is no one walking around with a clip board. Rather than training specific muscles or cardio, we train for better movement. You will first learn mechanics, movements, function and form; from there we will up the intensity & weight- you will see results…no matter what level you come in at! CrossFit is not easy and doesn’t claim to be. It is hard work and it requires perseverance, determination and consistency. The overall program is simplistic in design and optimizes physical competence in each one of the ten recognized fitness domains- Cardiovascular and Respiratory endurance, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance and Accuracy. CrossFit founder Greg Glassman sums it up like this:
How we are different
- By definition CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program based on broadly varied, functional movements performed at high intensity that is universally scalable for all levels of fitness.
- Broadly varied- There is a different workout to perform EVERY DAY. This is referred to as the Workout of the Day or W.O.D. Routine is the enemy - variety works!
- Functional movements- These may include multiple variations of Gymnastic Exercises, Bodyweight Calisthenics, Plyometrics, Olympic Weightlifting, and Metabolic (Cardiovascular) Conditioning. We concentrate on complex, full-body movements that are athletic in nature.
- High intensity- Simply put, most of the CrossFit exercises/movements require a consistent, coordinated, powerful execution of force (Power = Work÷Time).
- Universally scalable- CrossFit can be fine tuned to accommodate a wide variety of participants from novice to advanced across all age groups. Note: Don’t be intimidated by the videos on this site - get excited, get motivated!!!
- CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide.